Re: AutoFDO totorial

On 06/15/2015 11:06 PM, Victor Rodriguez wrote:
On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 5:20 PM, Victor Rodriguez <vm.rod25@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi team

I am trying to learn how to use and take advantage of the Automatic
Feedback Directed Optimizer ( AutoFDO ) . I have read the
documentation (https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/AutoFDO ) but I still can make
it work. Do you know if there tutorial ?

I appreciate all the help

Best regards

Victor Rodriguez

Ok I finally make it work and make my R package got a 7% improvement
just becuase of this little thing .. where can I upload the steps ?

Thanks,

I can give you write access to the gcc wiki. Just create a user and tell me the username. You can then create a subpage
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/AutoFDO/Tutorial

I have plans to make hello world on my github repo. Any recommendation?

I'd rather have all the steps and files in the wiki, with as few external links, which may die or be changed for something malicious without anybody noticing, as possible.

Of course, you may use github to develop the example, the documentation or whatever you wish, just create a copy of the final result in the wiki.

The people that created and work on AutoFDO may not be reading this list, only gcc@ or gcc-patches@.

Cheers,

Manuel.