gnu_parallel STL not vectorized?

>From the looks of gcc 6.0, it appears that gnu_parallel STL is slated to
become part of the release.
Am I right in believing that gnu_parallel STL code is not simd
vectorized?  Will there be an option to change this?
PR60117 may be related in that it is a case where simd reduction is
avoided with OpenMP.  It's still marked unconfirmed even though I see
that a useful discussion was appended over a year ago.
I am able to build and run trunk on cygwin64 by papering over the
winnt.c bootstrap failures (PR65835) which I guess have to do with the
compiler checking validity of const char * usage.  I don't understand
the code well enough to propose a serious patch.

--
Tim Prince