Re: GCC 4.9.2 Build Fails at cc1

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 3:34 AM, Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 05/12/14 00:08, Cyd Haselton wrote:
>>>
>>> The names are being munged, like this:
>>>
>>> #ifndef __MPN
>>> #if __GMP_HAVE_TOKEN_PASTE
>>> #define __MPN(x) __gmpn_##x
>>> #else
>>> #define __MPN(x) __gmpn_/**/x
>>> #endif
>>> #endif
>>>
>>> #define mpn_tdiv_qr __MPN(tdiv_qr)
>>>
>>> I have no idea why.  But it might have some relevance for your problem.
>>
>> Any chance this started in GCC 4.9.x?  If not, it's back to the code-parsing...
>
> I don't know.  Hint: compile with -save-temps.  Look at the preprocessed
> source.
>
> Andrew.

So, after grepping through a lot of intermediate files, I can safely
say that if there should be files containing rules for munging the
various mpn_ functions, they do not exist or are missing. There are
defines for various mpn_ functions, mostly in gmp.h, but nothing for
munging them.

Is this something to report to mpfr or gmp maintainers or here?