This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Compiling for arm-none-eabi, but BFD doesn't support it.
- From: Rena <hyperhacker at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 12:22:56 -0400
- Subject: Compiling for arm-none-eabi, but BFD doesn't support it.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Hi folks,
I'm using Lubuntu 13.10 (on AMD x86_64), and I want to compile code
for a microcontroller. My package manager doesn't seem to have any
arm-none-eabi packages so I'm trying to build gcc for that platform
from source.
I've started by compiling binutils-2.9.1 like so:
$ linux32 ./configure --target=arm-none-eabi --with-cpu=cortex-m4
--enable-interwork --disable-multilib --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld
--disable-nls --disable-libssp --disable-werror
(I've tried various options, and always end up getting this same
result. The target platform is the Teensy 3.1 microcontroller.)
This command eventually fails, telling me: BFD does not support target
arm-none-eabi.
Judging from Google results, it looks like people have been able to
compile this successfully (and obviously have built gcc toolchain for
this platform somehow). What am I doing wrong?
(Apologies if this message was sent twice. I had a bit of trouble
convincing Gmail to send plain text.)
--
Sent from my Game Boy.