Exclude /lib and /usr/lib from the library search path

Hi. I'd like to exclude /lib and /usr/lib from the library search
path, but still include the GCC-specific library directories
($prefix/lib/gcc/...) and $prefix/lib (the --prefix that GCC was
configured with). I'd be happy with either a solution either at the
time of compiling GCC, or when running GCC. I think that --sysroot
should accomplish this, but when I run gcc with --sysroot, I get the
error that "ld: this linker was not configured to use sysroots".

Thanks,
Shaun

http://sjackman.ca