This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC --with-sysroot: libintl.h: No such file or directory
- From: Shaun Jackman <sjackman at gmail dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 10:25:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC --with-sysroot: libintl.h: No such file or directory
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CADX6M3pz7exwPuB0MS2VhvoqePXqHJSSami_ScjtwTBRHAjh3w at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdTbtsJXj-9P1V-09edhHU9bOas+ULGgOTJP82ErVK_yhg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Shaun Jackman <sjackman at gmail dot com>
Hi, Jonathan. I haven't yet tried your suggestion of
`--with-clocale=generic`, but thanks for the response. Another
workaround for this problem is to symlink libintl.h into the directory
specified by --with-native-system-header-dir. I've successfully built
stage 1 of the compiler, and the required dependencies in
--with-native-system-header-dir are GLIBC, Linux headers and libintl.h
Cheers,
Shaun
http://sjackman.ca
On 2 September 2014 04:29, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 September 2014 07:39, Shaun Jackman wrote:
>> When compiling gcc --with-sysroot, I get the error `libintl.h: No such
>> file or directory` while compiling libstdc++-v3. I've tried adding
>> `--with-included-gettext`, without luck. The only headers that I've
>> provided in the `--with-native-system-lib-dir` are from glibc and the
>> Linux headers. `libintl.h` is available in the $sysroot/include
>> directory, but it doesn't seem to be searching there. See below for
>> more info, the command that's failing, and the error.
>
> You could try adding --with-clocale=generic to the configure command,
> although that is almost certainly not the right solution.
>
> I don't know what the problem is, I've never tried to build a setup like yours.