RE: gcc 4.9.1 fails to compile in libsanitizer on Fedora 14

Thanks a lot, Jonathan!

> Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 16:42:54 +0100
> Subject: Re: gcc 4.9.1 fails to compile in libsanitizer on Fedora 14
> From: jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
> To: smith_winston_6079@hotmail.com
> CC: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
>
> On 1 August 2014 16:19, Winston Smith wrote:
>> The glibc version is glibc-2.12.90-17.x86_64.
>> The web is mute on this issue (at least I haven't found anything related). Is there anything wrong with my setup?
>
> I think it's just too old to build libsanitizer.

I suspected that that was the case. Unfortunately, updating that box
(kernel + libc, that is) is out of the question.

> But either the code
> should be made more portable or the configure checks should have
> tested for the relevant feature and disabled the lib automatically, so
> please report it to Bugzilla, as described at
> https://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/

I'll file a bug report.

> As a workaround you can configure with --disable-libsanitizer

I wwas actually wondering if there is such a switch, but the configure.html in
INSTALL does not give a hint. I'll give that a try. Are there any drawbacks
by not having libsanitizer? I.e., what can I NOT do if I don't have that lib
installed?

Cheers,
Winston