Re: Compilation errors building gcc on mipsel

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 05:04:38PM -0700, David Daney wrote:
> You are running on a 64-bit kernel.
>
> You need to run "linux32":
>
>     # uname -m
>     mips64
>     # linux32
>     # uname -m
>     mips
>
> Once you get uname -n reporting a 32-bit environment (i.e. "mips"
> instead of "mips64"), configure should do a better job.

I think that this is probably the core of the issue, but unfortunately these steps didn't seem to do the trick.

I deleted my build directory entirely and then created a new one. I ran "linux32", then switched to a bash shell.

Just to make sure, I checked "uname -m" before starting the ./configure (this time it was just "../gcc-4.8.2/configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++") and it returned just "mips" (as well as uname -a), so I thought I would be good. But unfortunately, after leaving it "make"ing overnight, the build still errored out with the same "ABI is incompatible with that of the selected emulation" errors. :-(

I even checked the config.guess script after the build failure, and even that returned just "mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu" this time.

Any idea what could be going wrong here?

--
Harry Prevor