Re: Building GCC Failed: stubs-32.h missing

10.2.2014 23:38, Marc Glisse kirjoitti:
On Mon, 10 Feb 2014, ronf wrote:

I want to build gcc from source on my CentOS 6 x86-64 Linux system, but I am having a serious problem with the "configure" scripts and make files. The build process insists on accessing "stubs-32.h" even though my Linux system lacks this header file. My system has stubs.h and stubs-64.h header files in
the /usr/include/gnu directory. The content of stubs.h is shown here:

Surely Google is your friend? Gcc-4.9 will print this message:

I suspect your system does not have 32-bit developement libraries (libc and headers). If you have them, rerun configure with --enable-multilib. If you do not have them, and want to build a 64-bit-only compiler, rerun configure with --disable-multilib.

But CentOS 6 surely has those development libraries! Probably they aren't installed as default but then many other packages aren't either. Usually when one needs something, in this case the capability to produce apps for the 32-bit Linux/x86, then one installs it! I would assume searching for 'glibc-devel' in the package manager would show what is missing. Another way is to spy via the package names. In this case finding for instance :

ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/linux/mirrors/centos/6.5/os/x86_64/Packages/glibc-devel-2.12-1.132.el6.i686.rpm

wasn't any rocket science at all...

If one hasn't any need to produce also 32-bit apps then making a "stripped" toolchain which doesn't have any 32-bit support, via the --disable-multilib', is the way to go. Then
the 32-bit libgcc, libstdc++ etc will not be produced during the GCC build.