Re: Type Punning and -O3 on gcc 4.8.1 and 4.8.2

> consider using a free web-based e-mail account

Done

>Please send us a test case that we can run.

I'm currently unable to create a test case that doesn't pull with it a whole string of dependencies. Trivial mutations to the code result in the issue dissapearing. Given that, I thought I'd ask the more general question which was "is this code unsafe in gcc 4.8?". If it's considered unsafe I can fix that code. If it's considered safe and it's not a known issue then it's worth me spending more time trying to construct a test case.

Additionally, if there are some diagnostics that might help me debug this type of issue, please let me know.

Andy