Re: GCC 4.8 libcpp Issue...Possibly Related To (FIXED)

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 October 2013 18:13, Cyd Haselton wrote:
>>>
>>> Again, please don't top-post on this list.
>>
>> Again?  I don't remember seeing a first request...
>
> There have been a few requests on this list recently, but not to you,
> so the "again" is out of context, sorry.

No worries.  I thought I'd missed something in the mailing list documentation

>>> The difference is that GCC 4.8 is compiled with a C++ compiler so the
>>> symbol names are mangled to encode the function signatures, as
>>> required by C++ in order to support function overloading and other
>>> features.
>>
>> Could this have an effect on cross-building a native GCC cc1 binary
>> for Android...i.e. make it more problematic or impossible?
>
> No, it shouldn't be a problem.

I don't suppose it'd be possible to switch back to compiling with gcc
instead of g++ to test?
Unless...are there changes other than the compiler switch for the cc1
or libcpp build?