Disable libcpp With GCC 4.8?

Hello,
I've cross-built a native version of GCC 4.7 to run on an android device
using
     configure --build=redhat-linux-x86_64 --host=arm-linux-androideabi
--target=arm-linux-androideabi (options)
     make -d configure-target-libgcc
     make -d all-host all-target

In (options) I basically disable everything except for
--enable-languages=c.

However, when I attempt the same with GCC 4.8, I consistently run into the
following error:

../../gcc-4.8/libcpp/macro.c:249:34: error: invalid conversion from 'long
unsigned int*' to 'const time_t* {aka const long int*}' [-fpermissive]

Adding -fpermissive allows the build to continue for a while, but it fails
later on with a bunch of undefined references.
Disabling libcpp by using --disable-libcpp or --disable-cpplib or
--enable-libcpp=no allows the build to continue for a while, but then it
fails because of a dependency on libcpp further along in the build.

Is there a way to build without libcpp?  Or, remove the dependencies on
libcpp that are causing the later portions of the build to fail?