GIMPLE pass - Assignment evaluation

Hi guys,

I am writing a GIMPLE pass in which I need to inspect the assignments.
For example, for the below statements, I need to find the value of the
second and third assignments which are '2' and '7'.

VAR1 = 1;
VAR1++;
VAR1 = VAR1 + 5;

But the GIMPLE IR only has the following statements i.e. no optimization.

  VAR1_2 = 1;
  VAR1_3 = VAR1_2 + 1;
  VAR1_4 = VAR1_3 + 5;

How can I make it perform calculations on RHS? Are there some flags
that I can enable?

Also, I thought of going with RTL passes but RTL IR seems too complex
for my use and also it's not suitable for high level optimizations.
Please suggest.

--
Thanks and regards,
Sandeep K Chaudhary.