Re: Ongoing Error in make stage2 building gcc-4.7.2

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 7:24 AM, Ellis N. Thomas
<extralevelinsoftware@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>         Does your response of 29 Apr mean that I should submit a
> bug report so that it can be addressed?

Sure.

>         I am still unable to proceed with building gcc.  Subsequent
> to my message of 2 May, there have been no suggestions as to
> how to get round this problem.

The fix will be to add .balign to to the SSE4 test near the end of
libcpp/configure.ac, or to avoid using .balign in the SSE4 assembly
code.

I can't explain the results you showed for the libcpp config.log file,
though.  Based on those I would have expected to see a failure in
stage 1 as well.  Clearly I am missing something.

>         Is there any way I can continue the bootstrap (from stage2?),
> for example by constraining the behaviour in some way to avoid
> this piece of assembly code?

You try editing libcpp/config.h and change HAVE_SSE4 to 0.

Ian