Re: how to install libdecnumber?

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:21 AM, David P. Riedel <driedel@ntplx.net> wrote:

> I would like to use libdecnumber but it is nowhere to be found in my
> installed directory hierarchy.  When I look in my build directory I find
> libdecnumber/libdecnumber.a so it seems it built OK but neither the library
> file nor any of the headers from gcc-4.8.0/libdecnumber are in the installed
> gcc directory hierarchy.
>
> If I go to the libdecnumber directory in my build directory and run 'make
> install', it just says there is nothing to do.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> What is the proper way to build and install libdecnumber for gcc 4.8?

libdecnumber is not installed.  It's a library used by GCC itself.
It's not intended to be a user library.  Users are expected to simply
write code using _Decimal32, etc., as described at
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.8.0/gcc/Decimal-Float.html .

I believe you can find a user version of this library at
http://download.icu-project.org/files/decNumber/ .

Ian