Re: GCC not found

On 4/26/2013 3:40 AM, Brummer, J, Mnr <jbrummer@sun.ac.za> wrote:
Hi

I am trying to install Geant4 but it is creating a few problems. I have Scientific Linux 6.3. I think that things like gcc, make and Cmake should be already installed, but when I run the cmake command I get an error saying that no cmake has been found. When I try to install Cmake using ./configure the system says that no C compiler has been found. To install gcc I think I also need make and when I run ./configure I get  the following message:

checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: in `/home/John/Downloads/make-3.82':
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

How do I fix my Cmake and C compiler? I was told that when installing SL6.3 that I should choose the option "Programming and Development" but I didn't see any option when installing the OS.

Thank You
According to multiple search engine hits, SL spells the install option "Development Tools." Presumably you have a package install menu where you can add this or gcc. If you go by someone's hazy verbal recollection, you have to make allowances for fuzzy matches.

--
Tim Prince