Re: Low level file access

On 24 April 2013 20:58, ballsystemlord wrote:
> Yes it may not be specifically about how to use GCC but GCC is what I'm
> using and I'm not, at least at present, intending to try for cross platform
> compatibility, therefore my options on how to go about reading the file are
> determined by the functions available from GCC so I though it a more GCC
> type question.

No, it's a question about the C language, not the compiler.  If I own
a Ford car I don't go to the Ford dealer to ask for directions to
driving from London to Manchester.

The functions are not "available from GCC" they are provided by the C
library which is part of your operating system, not part of the
compiler.

This mailing list is not the right place for your question.