Re: Determining the amount of RAM required to build a particular OSS/FS application

Greetings,

Michael Lueck wrote:
Jeffrey Walton wrote:
On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Michael Lueck
<mlueck@lueckdatasystems.com>  wrote:

>In my mind, that allocated memory should come out to just under 58MB. Even
>well within the 407MB when I checked free just now.
>
>Something is not adding up... Suggestions?
Update the compiler?

Not an option on this shared server.

Today the hosting provider revealed that they have the official Debian package of ImageMagick installed. It was just at an interesting path. I get the impression that this provider has a "server within a server" directory structure... the real root perhaps is the web server host, and the server I have ssh access to is another host... and some how they mesh the directory structure of all of the servers together.

Anyway, I asked them to update their FAQ page telling how to compile with prefix ImageMagick and state the path they maintain the official Debian package at.

Gallery is happy with an updated version of ImageMagick:

Version ImageMagick 6.6.0-4
Supported MIME Types

The ImageMagick module can support files with the following MIME types:

image/gif
image/jpeg
image/pjpeg
image/jp2