Re: GCC 4.8 build

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Kalai Rajah N <kalairajah@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to run make NM=<binutils_nm> and I'm hitting my earlier
> problem of erroring out due to systemtap issue. It seems that
> systemtap requires the elfutils nm, while the morestack compilation
> prefers the binutils nm. Seems like a catch-22 situation.

I thought the problem you had with systemtap was a bug in their header
files.  I don't see how using the elfutils nm fixes that.

Using the elfutils nm will cause the build to fail earlier than the
problem you reported earlier.  The elfutils nm will cause the build
fail in libgcc.  You reported a failure building libstdc++.  libgcc is
built before libstdc++.  So I think you installed elfutils to avoid
the libstdc++ problem, but it didn't fix it.  It just broke earlier.

Ian