Re: Should the passed command parameters result into the same error messages for a configuration test?

> G++ passes the options through to the linker,

That is fine.

> so the required ordering depends on the linker, so it doesn't belong in the GCC documentation.

I disagree to this conclusion. Each tool accepts also variations in the
parameter order on the command line.

> What part of this are you still struggling with?

I imagine that there might be fine-tuning possible within the category "link
options". The challenge remains from an error message like "undefined reference
to `PPlugin_PVideoInputDevice_Application_link()'".

Regards,
Markus