gcc 4.7.2 guality faults in slackware14 but not 13 AMD64

Dear sir /madam
I have just rebuilt the glibc2.15 on slackware13 ; on an apparently clean gcc4.7.2 and moved them to a fresh (ish) slackware 14 on the same machine .
Doing a quick double check , by rebuilding the gcc to check build quality , I am again beset by guality vla-1 and 2 faults in the compiler . These were solved by a maths upgrade on the 13 , and moved with binutils to 14 from 13 .
These faults do not appear to be kernel , glibc ,binutils or maths library dependent .

Could you tell me the name of a 'friends and family ' file generator that will run on slackware , to give me some more leads as to where this compile time fault is coming from ? ( I was chucked one in 2007 but can't remember what its name was even !!!!!!!!!!!!)

Do you just know what the fault is ?

Yours sincerely
B.S.J.W. Stephenson .