Re: Is gcc trunk incompatible with older versions of gdb?

Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> writes:
> Oops, I mis-remembered the PR trail, the thing that's fixed is
> something else.  The comments on the PR (and a change to the 4.8
> release notes) say you need a new GDB or to disable DWARF-4 output.

Ok, thanks, that explains it.

Do you know if DWARF-4 + gdb 7.5 is substantially more functional?
[I'm just wondering if it's worth my while to build a newer gdb, or
bug debian to do it, rather than just using -gdwarf-2...]

thanks,

-miles

--
Education, n. That which discloses to the wise and disguises from the foolish
their lack of understanding.