Re: library not present in ldd after g++ compiled and linked my sources

Hi Florian,

On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 15:11 +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 01/09/2013 02:36 PM, michaelr wrote:
> > On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 13:58 +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> >
> >> Is mod_wscmi.so really the same file as libmodwscmi.so.0.0.0?
> >
> > i rename the finally library during install (just to meet the
> > apache httpd naming conventions).
>
> In this case, the Boost headers probably do not match the Boost DSO.

thanks, the included headers and the library version are the same.

As Marc Glisse wrote a post later it has something to to do with
optimization flag: --no-add-needed which is used on the ubuntu platform.

During compile/link time no symbols are used from the boost date_time
library by the module itself so the linker does not link the libary
at all. Later at runtime i load a bunch of other 'plugins' via
apr_dso_load(...). These plugins then need some symbols from boost
date time and the trouble begins.

All i have to do is to tell the linker to link the libray even if it's
symbols are not used in the module at build time.