RE: why is g++ relocation error linking only showing when listing objects explicitly?

OK.  Thank you Jonathan very much.  This was exactly right, xargs command line length limitation, the follow-up question not-on-topic. Sorry.

But now after learning from that, I am still having the 24-bit error relocation problem, when linking 2300 .o files into a lib, total size 29MB.

I guess it has something to do with 29MB being over 2^24 bytes?

Jonathan says to add them one by one to an "archive".

I am really sorry for the naÃve question, but I did RTFM, and I cannot find anything about "archiving".

What I am doing right now is

>g++ --shared -fPIC -Wl,-soname,<.so file> "<command to list object files"

Does not work due to 24-bit relocation problem.

How do I replace it with "adding one by one to an archive"??  I am sorry, but I RTFMd and I don't find anything about that.

Mark