Re: Testing a Canadian cross

09/11/2012 10:25, Kai Ruottu:
> 9.11.2012 10:23, Oleg Endo kirjoitti:
>> On Thu, 2012-11-08 at 23:31 -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> I don't know what the situation with tcl/tk/itcl/itk etc and MinGW is
> nowadays but it
> used to be quite unsupported, the Cygwin alternative as a more Unix-like
> platform being
> the people's choice (?).  When experimenting with GDB/Insights for the
> MinGW host the
> FSF sources related to tcl/tk/itcl/itk/tix etc required quite a lot
> fixes in order to be built.
> I too used Linux as the build system for MinGW hosted binutils, GCCs and
> GDB/Insights,
> the Linux host being the primary runtime host and Windoze/MinGW one of
> the secondary
> hosts.

I succeed in building tcl/tk within binutils sources under windows
(cygwin) by replacing the default version of tcl/tk with the last one
from sourceforge. BTW, I wonder why FSF tcl source is not up-to-date in
binutils sources, but this is out of topic here. License issue ?

>>> I  believe the GCC testsuite has this facility, but frankly I do not
>>> know how to use it.  You can tell DejaGNU to run programs remotely.
>>>

> I haven't seen any docs about this succeeding :-(   What I remember
> being discussed
> was about making apps as X11-apps/X11-clients running on Windoze/MinGW
> so that
> one could control their keyboard, mouse etc. via a X11-server running on
> Linux.  That
> was claimed to be "impossible" because of some restrictions in
> Windoze...  This could
> be expected because also tcl/tk/itcl/itk/tix etc run on the Win32 API,
> not via X11 as on
> the Unix-like hosts.  The situation may have become worse, I used to try
> VNC sometimes
> to look other desktops in the LAN but with Vista (I think), the free-VNC
> stopped to work.

It seems too complicated for my use...

> Generally controlling remote desktops a'la VNC could be the way for
> running the tests
> remotely on Windoze/MinGW and using a virtual PC with a booted Windoze
> on a Linux
> system like 'https://www.virtualbox.org/' for running the tests on the
> build machine...
>> Dan Kegel has a description on his page:
>> http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/current/doc/dejagnu-remote-howto.html
>
> This seems to talk only about the normal cross case but if remote
> desktops and virtual
> PCs will cater the Canadian cross case then this is enough...

I think I need to properly setup the testsuite on the cygwin computer
first (running native mingw32 toolchain).

Thanks,
AurÃlien