Re: CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET / CXX_FLAGS_FOR_TARGET broken?

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Christer Solskogen
<christer.solskogen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
>
>> Edit the top-level Makefile to remove the @ before the commands run
>> for all-target-libstdc++-v3.  Then make will print out the command it
>> is running for the recursive invocation of make.  Examine the command
>> closely to see how the flags are being passed.  Repeat as necessary
>> for the libstdc++-v3 Makefiles.  Use the information gained to
>> determine the next step.
>
> This is what I've found:
> In the libstdc++-v3 Makefile CXXFLAGS are set to -O2 -pipe
> -march=native -D_GNU_SOURCE. While my actual CXXFLAGS are CXXFLAGS=-O2
> -pipe -march=native. But, in this case My CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET is set
> to "-O2 -pipe -mcpu=v8".
> CFLAGS in libstdc++-v3 Makefile is set to my CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET.
> Does this give you anything?

That doesn't tell me anything by itself, sorry.  Normally
CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET at the top level should be passed down as CXXFLAGS
when building libstdc++-v3, and it sounds like that is not happening.
But that is more or less what we knew from the start.  What we don't
know is why it is not happening.

Ian