Shared Memory Access Problem

I have 2 programs that communicate through shared memory that work fine when I have root privileges, but fail when I sign on as a user. The server program that creates the shared memory set read an write permissions to allow everyone to access this memory (rw-rw-rw-).

ShmID = shmget(ShmKEY, sizeof(struct Memory), IPC_CREAT | 0666);

Likewise, the client program, which is started after the server, creates the shared memory with rw-rw-rw- permissions.

ShmID = shmget(ShmKEY, sizeof(struct Memory), 0666);

But, when I run the client program without root privileges,shmget() returns -1 and errno = 2 which supposedly means "File/Directory not found".

Why is the client capable of accessing shared memory when executed by root and not able to, when executed by a user?

I should mention that both the server and client executables have been chmoded to 777.