Re: GCC 4.7 build problems

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:

Seems libmpc.so.2 is the file it couldn't find.
I could find it in /usr/local/lib

when i typed
 echo $PATH

then indeed /usr/local/lib wasn't in the path

typed:
export PATH=/usr/local/lib:$PATH

That might make sense on windows but not on unix, where libraries and executables are separated.

I must set a librarypath maybe, if so, what is its name?

man ld.so (really, there are several ways and the best one is for you to chose)

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html
mentions the name of an environment variable in the paragraph about mpc.

The entry in the FAQ just before the one I referred to gives a simple technique to work around this issue.

--
Marc Glisse