Re: GCJ building

On 14 March 2012 00:13, Me Myself and I <stargate7thsymbol@live.co.uk> wrote:

> I have performed precisely these steps,
>
> and still get the error messages after make;
>
> fib2_ui.c:76:29: error: 'FIB_TABLE_LIMIT' undeclared (first use in this function)
> fib2_ui.c:76:29: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
> make[5] *** [fib2_ui.lo] Error 1
> make[5] Leaving directory '/home/User/gcc-4.6.2/objdir/gmp/mpn'
> make[4] ***all-recursive] Error 1
> make[4] Leaving directory '/home/User/gcc-4.6.2/objdir/gmp'
> make[3] *** [all] Error 2
> make[3] Leaving directory '/home/User/gcc-4.6.2/objdir/gmp'
> make[2] *** [all-stage1-gmp] Error 2
> make[2] Leaving directory '/home/User/gcc-4.6.2/objdir'
> make[1] *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
> make[1] Leaving directory '/home/User/gcc-4.6.2/objdir'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> My build directory is named compiler.

Sorry, but you obviously haven't followed the step-by-step
instructions.  You may think you are, but you appear to be building in
the wrong directory - there's no sign of a "compiler" directory name
in the error messages, and the build should not be happening in the
source tree.  This appears to be just a copy and paste of messages
from previous emails.

We've asked you several times to paste in the commands you're using,
but you haven't done that.  I have no idea what you're doing, but it
certainly isn't what everyone keeps telling you to do.

> The only thing I can think of is a possible issue with the java related source code.
>
> I use the files
>
> gcc-core-4.6.2.tar
> gcc-java-4.6.2.tar
>
> I paste the extracted java files and directories over the gcc files and directories.
> It says that there is some replacing involved, so I let it replace them.

But did you extract gcc into a clean, empty directory?  If you're
still using the same, corrupt, source tree, then of course you'll get
errors.

Try building gcc WITHOUT Java, to see if that works.  If it does, then
perhaps there's something wrong with the Java build process.  If it
doesn't then there's something wrong in your commands / directories.

> Aside from this, I'm not sure what else to do.? If there is no help for my situation here,
> could someone give me a URL link for a successfully compiled mingw esque or otherwise,
> from source code built, gcj for Windows to just download?

One major problem is that you're not providing the information needed
to help you.  Until you answer some of the questions people keep
asking, I doubt if we'll ever figure out what's going wrong...

Regards,

David P.