Re: The order of arguments differs

spam.spam.spam.spam@free.fr writes:

> I have just compiled libxml2 the same way on the two computers :
> ./configure --prefix=...
> make
> make install
>
> On the first computer, I got the compile problem.
> On the second computer, I got no problem when compile.
>
> So, I think the problem is about gcc on the first computer.
>
> What should I do to compile fine my program with gcc on both computers?

Sounds like you have a different set of libraries installed on both
computers.

If you want a better answer, you'll need to give us more information.

In general it is certainly true that the order of -L and -l arguments on
the gcc command line matters.  The documentation is clear on this.

    You can mix options and other arguments.  For the most part, the
    order you use doesn't matter.  Order does matter when you use
    several options of the same kind; for example, if you specify '-L'
    more than once, the directories are searched in the order specified.
    Also, the placement of the '-l' option is significant.

Ian