RE: help needed for builing gcc tool-chain

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Wakely [mailto:jwakely.gcc@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:43 PM
To: Prashant Batra (prbatra)
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: help needed for builing gcc tool-chain

On 11 February 2012 18:09, Prashant Batra (prbatra) wrote:
> [Prashant] Yes that option is there, but do you think I can carry the
> tool-chain to other machines also.

No, but are the other machines different?

If they're the same, you could install the RPM packages there too.
[Prashant] They are the same, but all machines are not under my control.

If they're different, are you sure the toolchain you build on your
x86_64 RHEL5 box will run on those other machines anyway?

It might be that you do need to build the whole toolchain yourself,
I'm just trying to save you some time and a lot of effort in case you
don't actually need to.
[Prashant] Thanks for this. I am starting to build now, so will keep you
posted on any issues.