Re: Linking libgcc with xgcc fails in build of trunk

On 22 November 2011 22:09, Aran Clauson wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm trying to build trunk with C only on NetBSD 5.1. ?I've gotten to the point
> where libgcc is built with xgcc and I get a failure when linking libgcc_s.so
> with:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib: No such file:
>
> I replaced ld with echo to see the link line and /usr/local/lib is sent to the
> linker as a file. ?In $(BUILD)/gcc/spec is a section with the following:
>
> *link_libgcc:
> %D ?/usr/local/lib
>
> I tried removing this line, but the file is regenerated by the make system.
> Since others have built and are building trunk, I assume that I have a
> misconfiguration. ?I am using the same configuration options that successfully
> built gcc-4.6.2. ?Any help is appreciated.

Hi,  I asked a couple of questions in my reply on the other list as well.

Listing the configure command you used will help people to help you.

GCC builds the C++ front end by default now, so without listing your
configure command it's not possible to see if you're doing it right.

My other question was NetBSD-specific and semi-rhetorical, but
confirms that I have built trunk on NetBSD 5.1 recently, but not
C-only.