64 bit long double on i386 arch.

Hey!

I have an existing port of gcc 4.2.4 to interix (having troubles to bring the port to a more current version). Now i just stumbled over the target libc's long double being 64bit only. My question now is: is there some easy way of forcing gcc to use 64 for long double, just like for double? it may well be a hack as the patch is quite specific for now anyway.

i tried to #define LONG_DOUBLE_TYPE_SIZE 64, but after some inspection of the code, i realized that this wont work. is there some magic location where i could just tell gcc to handle long double like double? any help would be much appreciated!

regards, markus