Re: Is there any other optimization for memory?

>> 2. ?"and not optimize stores or loads to that memory"
>> Except caching memory values in registers, is there any other
>> optimizaiton for stores or loads to memory?
>
> Not in this case, I think it's just another way of saying the same
> thing.

I think the reordering instructions involving memory operations but
not stores or loads might count as some optimization. It seems that a
"memory" will prevent gcc from this kind of optimization. If so, would
the manual give some statements about it. In addition, an example will
be more helpful for our newbies who does not have some ideas about the
details underlying gcc. Or, is there any tutorail about gcc available?
Thanks a lot.