Re: sigsegv on aix with gcc

2011/6/6 Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com>:
> On 06/06/11 11:43, JÄdrzej Dudkiewicz wrote:
>
>> Can you give me ANY pointers regarding further steps? Thanks in advance.
>
> You're just going to have to debug it. ÂAssuming you've done the obvious
> checking compile-time warning messages, it's time to break out the
> debugger.

Well, that's the first thing I did, but I just can't figure out what
is happening - I compiled with -O (as without optimization everything
"works") so source code isn't exactly the same as binary code, and
many variables are inlined, so I can't print their values.
Additionally - program core dumps in libstdc++, in locale's operator=
- that's not really deep, but I'm not completely aware of situation,
which makes things even harder. Also, same code works fine when
compiled on Linux, HPUX, MacOSX and SunOS with different versions of
gcc. Valgrind under Linux and MacOSX says nothing at all - so my guess
is that there's something "odd" about AIX. I was hoping for some
pointers, like "check this" or "link against that" or "define A".
--
JÄdrzej Dudkiewicz

I really hate this damn machine, I wish that they would sell it.
It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it.