Re: -m31 rejected when building libgcc for cross compiler for s390 (31 bit) gcc 4.6.0

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 4:14 AM, John P. Hartmann <jphartmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Ian.
>
> http://wiki.osdev.org/GCC_Cross-Compiler suggested
> --enable-languages=c,c++ --without-headers --disable-nls but that made
> no difference. ?So I gave the target a symbolic link to /usr/include,
> and then it failed in linking because of missing object decks. ?Seems
> like the process is building something I didn't ask for, or at least
> do not want.
>
> What I am after is in fact a cross compiler to s390 os/360 object
> (well, the variety that supports long ESD names--and not the old MVS
> attempt.) ?As I already have a cross assembler, I guess I should
> simply take the intermediary xgcc and run.
>
> I did come across crosstool in my googling, as well as a number of
> sites bemoaning the quality of documentation of gnu cross compiling.
Information on [modern] cross compiling is horrible. If I recall,
crosstools is terribly out of date (or at least the website). Have you
looked at crosstoolng (http://freshmeat.net/projects/crosstool-ng/)?

An up to date book, including cross-compilation, would be very
welcomed (hint to Ian and Jonathon).

Jeff

[SNIP]