RE: Live range information

Thanks for your quick reply. Maybe I should have worded my question better,
but I'm not looking for the scope of a variable but its live range. For eg,

main() {
<1>  int a, b, c, d;
<2>  b = a*2;
<3>  c = b+3;
<4>  d = c*b;
}

Here the scope of a is the entire function, but its live range is only till
2, because it's not used after that.

To restate my requirement to avoid confusion: for a program point, does gcc
provide the list of variables live at it?

Thanks!

Vijayaraghavan Murali
http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~mvijayar