Re: gcc linked to ccache with installed version

On 04/21/2011 02:07 PM, RR wrote:
I noticed that my installed version of gcc is linked to ccache. When I
type gcc on the command line, I
get "gcc: no input files". When I type ccache, I get the ccache usage
message. But when I
type "ccache gcc" I get "gcc: no input files". It seems that gcc is
engaging ccache with the option "gcc"
appended somehow. I would like to know how the link name, gcc, engages
ccache with the gcc option specified.

It doesn't. ccache can tell what command name was executed when it starts, and it knows that if it was called 'gcc', it should run gcc. The same is true if you run g++ linked to ccache... it will run g++.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Jabber: kfleming@digium.com | SIP: kpfleming@digium.com | Skype: kpfleming