Re: "cannot run C compiled programs" error

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Anna Ceguerra
<anna.ceguerra@sydney.edu.au> wrote:

> I tried running just gcc, and again, it has that "Bad CPU type in
> executable" error, which makes me think gcc-4.6 on that site was not built
> for my 32-bit mac.

Do you mean something you built with this gcc has the error. Or trying
to run the compiler itself generates the error?

> Would this count as a bug? Unless it's a configure error on my side, in
> which case I don't know how to turn off x86_64...

Look at the --with-cpu configure options. I think one of them sets
what the compiler generates as default. I think the compiler can be
configured to produce either 32-bit by default (i.e. implied -m32) or
64-bit (i.e. implied 32-bit).