Re: "cannot run C compiled programs" error

>> You're right... I tried -m32 and the a.out executed OK!
>>
>> Would you know how I can set this as a flag to the configure script?
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Anna.
>>
> If you are not setting it you need to figure out where it is coming
> from? Try running the config.guess script in the root of your source
> directory.

Config.guess gives me i386-apple-darwin10.7.0

When I try to build gcc, it fails in the x86_64/libgcc directory - the
normal libgcc was OK during the build.

Trying to search for 64bit -> 32-bit led me to the following website. It
seems as if 4.6 has already been built for mac.
http://hpc.sourceforge.net/

I tried running just gcc, and again, it has that "Bad CPU type in
executable" error, which makes me think gcc-4.6 on that site was not built
for my 32-bit mac.

Would this count as a bug? Unless it's a configure error on my side, in
which case I don't know how to turn off x86_64...

Regards,
Anna.