Re: fatal error: ppl_c.h: No such file or directory

On 31 March 2011 13:12, Mahmood Naderan wrote:
>>You don't need it, PPL is optional so it's not a problem if you don't have it
>>It will download and configure everything for you.
>
> I will prefer to skip that library if it is optional.
>
>>See http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#configure_suffix for the actual failure
>
> I saw that but didn't find how to disable cuh libraries. is it --without-ppl ??

I think you have misunderstood.  To skip PPL you do not need to do
anything. If you don't have it then it will be skipped.

The configure command did not fail because it can't find PPL.
There are lots of "errors" in config.log but usually don't matter.
That's how configure works, it tries things and sees if it gets an
error. So forget about PPL.

The error that caused configure to fail is the "cannot compute suffix
of object files"
You didn't read http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#configure_suffix carefully
- that FAQ answer tells you which config.log to look in, and tells you
the most common cause of the error.

But if you use my config-gcc.mk then you won't get that error, and it
will skip PPL, and it will just work.  If you're not going to read the
documentation properly, please just use that makefile and save a lot
of wasted time.