Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2352 bugs?

Hi,

I'm trying to build my codebase on a AMD Opteron 2352, but I'm having problems compiling under O2 and O3. Are there any know problems with this processor under gcc 4.5.1?

Open64 does not show the issue. Another system running the same processor using gcc 4.1.2 does not manifest the issue.

Valgrind, shows some "usage of uninitialized memory" under O2 and O2 but as far as I can tell the code is correct. Indeed adding couts at appropriate places resolves the valgrind issues, and the code runs correctly.

Valgrind shows no issues under O3 on other architectures and the code operates correctly.

I've not yet been able to create a small program that will replicate this error, but if anyone has a suggestion as to how I might diagnose this problem I'd be most grateful.