Re: "complete" gcc bootstrap

in <in@i2pmail.org> writes:

> Maybe newbie question, but. I noticed about that the GCC inserts it's
> version string in every object it produces. It looks like "GCC: (GNU)
> 4.5.1". But every time I bootstrap new (or old) GCC, this new copy
> inserts two version strings: string from host compiler, and string of
> current working copy. How I get rid of first (host) version string?
> Is it related to GCC or to Binutils? Please point me to right direction.

Can you give an example of what you mean?  When I bootstrap, I only see
the current compiler version in the .comment sections generated by gcc.

If you are looking at the fully linked executable, note that that
includes files like crt1.o which come from glibc and were therefore
compiled with whatever version of gcc was used to compile glibc.

Ian