Re: Newbie: building libgomp

Amittai Aviram <amittai.aviram@yale.edu> writes:

> Configuration finished without error.  However, note that the
> top-level Makefile had identified host and target as
> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.  Is that what it should be?  My system has
> 12 64-bit AMD CPUs and is running under Ubuntu Linux 10.04.1 Why does
> it say "unknown"?

This is normal.  That is the vendor field, and is meant to indicate the
company which built your computer.  It used to be meaningful, but these
days it is not.

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#configure_suffix

> 2.  Meanwhile, there is no libgomp.a or libgomp.so anywhere in my
> gcc_obj-4.5.1 directory subtree.  Again, is there any way that I can
> just build these separately?

Not easily, no.  It is possible, but frankly unless you are familiar
with this stuff you should stick with the supported mechanisms.

Ian