Re : Generic and Gimple in gcc4.6

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com>
À : charfi asma <charfiasma@yahoo.fr>
Cc : gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Envoyé le : Mer 22 septembre 2010, 16h 55min 53s
Objet : Re: Generic and Gimple in gcc4.6

charfi asma <charfiasma@yahoo.fr> writes:

> I am interested in Generic and Gimple IR dumped with g++ file.cpp
> -fdump-tree-all
> I test this command with a cpp file that only contains int x=2
> but the dumped Generic (file.cpp.001t.tu)  is so strange, more than 7000 line
>of
>
> code for only one instruction !!
> however the Gimple is correct:
>
> int main() ()
> {
>   int D.1694;
>   {
>     int x;
>
>     x = 5;
>   }
>   D.1694 = 0;
>   return D.1694;
> }
>
> Any explanation ??

Is your question why there are so many lines in the .tu dump?  The
answer to that is that all the intrinsic functions and builtin types are
included.

Ian

Yes, this was my question, but Generic will be transformed to Gimple after that,
so, why there are no builtin types in Gimple as well ?

if they ( intrinsic functions and builtin types) are not transfoemed in Gimple,
CFG, SSA, ... did we realy need to inculde them in the generic form ?

thanks

Asma