gcov support for shared library

Hi,

Does gcov support shared libraries now?  I'm using gcc 4.5.1.  I've found conflicting reports elsewhere.

gcov data files (.gcda) are produced for my test program, but not for the shared library it is testing.  Everything compiles fine though and the .gcno files are produced for both the test program and the shared library.  Also, if I compile all of the source files (those from the library and those from the test program) into one executable, the .gcda files are produced correctly.  Is there any way to make it work with a shared library?

Thanks.

- Daniel