Re: two issues with unsigned int

brac37 <MichieldeB@aim.com> writes:

> Version: g++ (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) 4.4.3
>
> The first issue is actually a bug. What I did was passing an int by
> reference to a void function with an unsigned int by reference as parameter.
> The compiler did not complain, instead it produced bullshit code.
>
> The second issue was moronlike behavior. What I did was passing the integer
> constant 0 to a function name with two functions associated to it. One was
> unsigned name (int) and the other void name (int *). Now the compiler gave
> the error that name (0) was ambiguous since he did not know if he should
> convert from int to unsigned int or from int to int*.

Are you trying to report a compiler bug?  If so, please see
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/ .  In particular, there is basically nothing we
can do without a test case which shows the problem.  Thanks.

On a more personal note, I at least would be more likely to take you
seriously if you avoided phrases like "bullshit code" and "moronlike
behavior."  My experience is that such phrases are correlated with a
lack of understanding of the rather intricate C++ language, in
particular an assumption that it is simpler than it actually is.

Ian