Re: Bootstrap problem on linux-ppc (PR33130 again?)

Salvatore Filippone <salvatore.filippone@uniroma2.it> writes:

> I am trying to build a recent GCC( both 4.5.0 and trunk) on a linux-ppc
> machine (with 4.1.2 preinstalled), and I am getting a bootstrap
> failure.
> Seraching the archives shows that my symptoms are exactly identical to
> those reported in PR 33130; however that bug has been closed as
> WORKSFORME, with no further details about either the ultimate cause or
> the proper fix.
> What's the best way to proceed now? Should I open a new PR (against the
> bootstrap component)?

If you can't figure it out, please open a new PR.  PR 33130 was for gcc
4.3.0.  In reporting the PR, please include the relevant lines from
/usr/include/stdlib.h.

This problem should not happen because regex.c should be compiled with
HAVE_CONFIG_H defined, and in the generated file libiberty/config.h
HAVE_STDC_HEADERS should be defined, so those lines in regex.c should
not be seen by the compiler.  You should see at what step that is
failing.  If your libibert/config.h does not defined HAVE_STDC_HEADERS,
see libiberty/config.log for why.

Ian