Re: Strange warning about passing argument with different width due to prototype with gcc 4.4.0 on 64 bits machine

2010/8/24 José Luis García Pallero <jgpallero@gmail.com>:

> I'll try to compile gcc 4.4.0 in the workstation with Xeon and RHEL
> and test it. It could be a difficult task, because I'm not the admin
> and I'll need to compile some dependencies too.

You don't need to be admin to build GCC. There are a lot of
documentation available on building GCC (including tools that automate
the process) but if you like use the same steps that I used, check
this: http://www.coding.com.br/mac/building-gcc-4-6-on-macosx/
Although the example uses OSX you can expand to any environment.

--tm