Re: Why No Names for gcc's Objective C and Objective C++?

Philip Herron <redbrain@gcc.gnu.org> writes:

> On 14 August 2010 03:34, Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes. ÂBut I have to say that few gcc maintainers are interested in
>>> Objective C and even fewer in Objective C++, so it is more likely to
>>> happen if you provide a patch.
>>
>> I understand, thanks.
>>
>> -Tom
>>

> If its a sensible thing to do i might take a look into doing that in a
> few days to take a break from my front-end though not quite sure how
> much work there would be in doing it, the C front-ends seem to all
> re-use code from one another with the c-family code. But who knows it
> could be simple enough :).

This issue is separate from the re-use of code in the C frontends.  This
is the driver program--e.g., gcc or g++ or gfortran--not the compiler
proper--cc1, cc1plus, or f951.

It's not too hard--see gcc/cp/g++spec.c and the way g++ is built in
gcc/cp/Make-lang.in.

Ian